Recycling Economy and Building Ecology
Building ecology concentrates on low-resource and pollutant-free construction. The use of building ecological valuable materials helps to protect the environment and creates a healthy environment for the building users.
With the gradual reduction in energy requirements for the operation of buildings, the importance of Grey energy increases. The preparation of a life cycle assessment provides information on primary energy and greenhouse gas emissions emitted during the construction, repair and dismantling of buildings.
Valuable raw materials are stored in buildings. Structures and material layers that can be easily separated, the use of recyclable products and complete product documentation of the building are the first steps to the recyclability of buildings. They help to close the material cycle and support the recyclability of building materials.
- Planning and building consulting
- Support in competitions and preliminary review
- Carry out life cycle assessments including calculation of grey energy, greenhouse gas emissions and other environmental impacts
- Optimisation of designs and choice of materials
- Concepts for recyclable buildings at all planning stages
- Recycling and disassembly concepts
- Documentation of the materials and products in a database e.g. Madastar
- Creation of recyclable and building ecological component catalogues together with building physics
- Support and implementation of green building certificates (such as Minergie-ECO®, DGNB/SGNI, LEED, BREEAM)
- Presentations, training courses